CHARGE ALGORITHM - CHARGING PROGRAM
The charger is equipped by an internal microprocessor which verifies in real time the battery status and autonomously executes the 8-step charging cycle.
- Step 1 - Initialization: the device verifies that the battery is in optimal condition to be recharged / recovered and makes sure that there are no short circuits between one or more cells of the battery.
- Step 2 - Recovery: if the battery is in an extreme discharge condition (as low as 1.25V), the device tries to perform a recovery in order to bring it to a higher voltage, compatible with the next step.
- Step 3 - Soft Charge: if the battery is very low, the device provides a light pulse current, to allow the battery to overcome the critical phase.
- Step 4 - Charge: during this phase the battery can recover up to 85-90% of its capacity, thanks to charger capacity to provide full current.
- Step 5 - Desulphation / Absorption: in order to recover the remaining 10-15% of the battery capacity, the device provides a "controlled overcharge" through the desulfation / recovery of lead-acid cells (for mild or medium levels of sulfation).
- Step 6 - Battery Analysis: the device interrupts the power supply for a few tens of minutes and verifies that the battery can retain the charge received during the previous cycles.This step is repeated periodically at regular intervals.
- Step 7 – Maintenance: thanks to a specifically designed electronic circuit, the device maintains the battery during periods of inactivity, without overheating, overcharging and loss of water/electrolyte.
- Step 8 - Equalization: this step is carried out every 30 days in order to balance the battery cells, thus avoiding electrolyte stratification.
- For ALL types of traditional 12 V batteries, from lead-acid to AGM, from 1.2 Ah to 100 Ah.
- Backlit LCD display for perfect night vision (even in the distance), indicating : charging cycle executed (Charge, Desulphation, Maintenance ...), battery voltage (internal digital voltmeter) and any malfunction (reversed polarity, short circuit, battery not connected ...).
- Multi-language software: the user can set the display language between Italian, French, English, German, Spanish or Portuguese.
- Real-time monitoring of battery parameters during all charging cycles.
- Battery overcharge protection: it is activated when the internal microprocessor detects a voltage exceeding a predetermined value; no risk of bubble formation for all batteries on the market (including MF and Gel).
- Tester function: the device will perform independently and in sequence the following checks:
- Voltage Test of the battery at rest (including estimate of its level of charge);
- Test of battery cranking power during engine start;
- Test of the vehicle's charging system (alternator / regulator).
- Protection against reversal of the battery poles.
- Protection against short-circuit (also permanent).
- Protection against overheating: the output current is automatically limited in the event of excessive heating of the device.
- Input voltage: 120 Vac, 50÷60 Hz US & Canada version
- Charging Voltage: 13.8V / 14.4V - nom. 12V
- Charging Current: 2 A max
- Operating temperature: -20 ° C - + 50 ° C
- Dimensions: 177 x 127 x 70 mm